I sometimes see these recipes shared on Facebook that have Just Three Ingredients and I think would a couple more ingredients really make it that much more complicated? I think of Indian curries with lists of spices but it’s not that much harder to make a plain tomato sauce. I don’t believe in forcing simplicity but some things are naturally simple and this pasta dish is one.
Just to prove that I could I bought all the ingredients at Tesco metro. So on a busy night I could pop out, buy the ingredients and cook the dish in about an hour. Obviously your mileage from a Tesco metro may vary.
Pasta with Broccoli and Garlic Breadcrumbs
200g (ish) Pasta
One pack of tenderstem broccoli (stems can be eaten, but obviously Dirk ate mine)
3 tablespoon olive oil
One clove of garlic, crushed
One slice of bread
1. Pop the bread into a blender or food processor and chop it down into rough breadcrumbs.
2. Cook the pasta according to the package directions, when it has three minutes to go toss in the broccoli to cook.
3. Meanwhile heat the oil in a large frying pan and when it’s hot fry the garlic for 30 seconds.
4. Add the breadcrumbs to the pan, tossing them to toast eavenly.
5. When the pasta and broccoli is finished drain it off and toss with the garlic breadcrumbs.
One thought on “A Dish With Five Ingredients Or Fewer: Vegan Mofo Day 19”
This looks good! I once saw one of those “only 5 ingredients” recipes for a vegan ice cream Snickers, where one of the 5 ingredients was a caramel sauce from another recipe on the blog, which obviously had a lot more ingredients and steps. Oh, I felt deceived!